Enriching Learning Together
The ElmWey Learning Trust (company registration number 09625982) was incorporated in June 2015 as a Multi-Academy Trust. Currently Heathside School, Weybridge is the only school in the ElmWey Learning Trust.
To create a family of local schools committed to excellence, continuous improvement and innovation in all we do.
Where all pupils are:
- Inspired to learn and develop as rounded individuals able to play a positive role in society
- Encouraged to aim high and know they are valued, regardless of ability or background
- Enabled to take advantage of exceptional opportunities to fulfil their potential within the school and beyond
Where all staff and Trustees are:
- Inspired to want the best for our pupils and schools within the Trust
- Encouraged to be innovative, collaborative and inspirational
- Enabled to develop themselves and deliver exceptional outcomes
We aspire to being a model among trusts in all aspects of education, leadership, people development and governance.
Elmbridge Free School, Heathside Walton-on-Thames
In March 2016 the ElmWey Learning Trust submitted a bid to the DfE to open a new state secondary school in the Walton-on-Thames/Molesey area of Elmbridge.
On 12th July it was announced that our bid was successful and we have been given the go ahead to proceed with this exiting project. This is an excellent development for ElmWey. Gaining approval is a clear reflection of both Heathside’s reputation and the DfE’s belief that ElmWey has the capacity and capability to deliver a new school for the Borough.
The new school will be called Heathside Walton-on-Thames. The Trust’s aim is to create an outstanding, non-selective, mixed, 11-16 secondary school meeting a clear demand for secondary places in the Borough of Elmbridge, Surrey. It will provide educational outcomes that meet the aspirations of both parents and students and enable students to progress to further and higher education and expand their career opportunities.
For more information, and to express your interest in the new Free School, please visit the Elmbridge Free School website.
Click here for further information about the Members, Board of Trustees, Register of Interests, Memorandum, Articles of Association, Funding Agreements and Scheme of Delegation.